Who We’re Looking For
You are a stellar attorney with at least 4-6 years in business litigation or venture capital and corporate law. You are practical and resourceful. You think big picture, but you are also attentive to detail. Basically, your legal skills are on point.
You love being a lawyer.
You communicate effectively, in plain-English. You avoid legalese, unless absolutely necessary.
You’re licensed in at least NY or CA.
It might be raining and storming outside, but the forecast of your disposition is clear skies and sunny. You have a great sense of humor. You are positive and resilient. You are confident and almost always prepared. You enjoy learning and improving.
You take pride in being a professional. You treat everyone (clients, adversaries, colleagues and cleaning staff) with respect. You are polished and poised with great energy.
You realized long ago that the legal profession is a services business. You have amazing customer service skills. Clients love you. You’re always responsive and often proactive. You keep your clients and the team well-informed.
- Manage a team of 5 junior Associate Attorneys and 3 Law Clerks.
- Lead by example: with your work ethic, constructive feedback and positive attitude.
- Report to one of our Co-Managing Attorneys.
- Draft, review and revise legal documents, and deliver practical advice.
- Have significant client contact.
- Participate in our brief daily team meetings.
- Be involved in client development and the growth of the firm.
To be considered for this position, please email Careers@Romanolaw.com, with the subject line “Mid-Level Associate – 2018.” Please include your (a) resume, (b) cover letter, and (c) pay requirements.
Additionally, in your cover letter, please briefly describe your relevant experience in business litigation or venture capital and corporate law, and the date of Apple’s IPO.
Please only apply if you have the requisite experience and you have carefully read all the above.